Village of First Nations

We are descendants of the Original Peoples, and it was our Ancestors who formed the FIRST NATIONS.

Discussion Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Village Forums » General Discussion

Post subject: Powerful PDF outlines Black/Indigenous solidarity tactics
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:05 pm 
Warrior

Nation: mutt
Found this while researching some quite excellent stuff on African/Black realities. Takes awhile to load, but well worth it, I think. From the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement website:

https://mxgm.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Self-Defense-Manual-MERGED.pdf

Let Your Motto Be Resistance: A Handbook on Organizing New Afrikan and Oppressed Communities for Self-Defense (pdf)

I think this is a very well written and accessible basic outline, with illustrations and photos. Came out in 2013, so perhaps many of you have already heard of it (?).

An excerpt (note that some Indigenous folks have made a call for Indigenous people to realize that Latinos are often the Indigenous people of Latin America):

Quote:
One particular intercommunal contradiction that New Afrikans need to pay particular attention to is between ourselves andLatinos. Latinos should be considered our strategic allies, given many of our common interests and shared histories of oppression and exploitation at the hands of the US government.

But, there are many forces, both external and internal to our community, working diligently to keep us divided and antagonistic to each other.

We cannot meet these threats by ourselves alone. Given these complicated, interlocking
threats, we need to organize at three different levels to make our Self Defense networks strong enough to be effective.

Post subject: Re: Powerful PDF outlines Black/Indigenous solidarity tactic
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:26 pm 
Chieftan

Nation: Houma
Maslcom X? Just like MLK, the legacy has evolved (or more accurately, "has been perverted") into something that he wasn't in order to recruit for those intent on violence.

Hard to give extra respect to those who, upon being released from slavery, went to work for those same masters to kill others they thought were below them. Who? The Buffalo Soldiers.

Many in the black communities still celebrate that group of mercenaries, one of their famous gospel groups took on the name "The Buffalo Soldiers" ... No thanks, I want no part of those of their members who advocate violence as they will just as quickly turn on you and I.

Just MY OPINION, but I have read some Malcolm X's writings and came away with a different take on the man. He & Dr. King are no longer here, but folks sure love to put words in their mouths and claim things that have no root in fact.

╚═╗
██████

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:38 pm 
Warrior

Nation: mutt
Smee wrote:
Maslcom X? Just like MLK, the legacy has evolved (or more accurately, "has been perverted") into something that he wasn't in order to recruit for those intent on violence.

Hard to give extra respect to those who, upon being released from slavery, went to work for those same masters to kill others they thought were below them. Who? The Buffalo Soldiers.

The way i see it is there's two things we need to understand. One, Black folks (like any other group that colonialism and neocolonialism mark for scapegoating, etc.) were put "Between A Rock and A Hard Place." Either they aide the settler agenda, or they don't survive.

You think there's a grey area on that one? Please share.

Two, many fellow human beings called 'Black' have been as stupidized as many 'White' folks (and other meta slaves of the settler program). They have thus been "easy" to manipulate in order to help divide up and block any serious challenge to the hegemony of the settler/colonial-neocolonial program. They have been "easy" because they have been warred on so long and so openly (and covertly). They have become easy to use like this.

This is the price they have had to pay to survive.

Same with every other relatively (and greatly) weakened group faced with oppression and attack (in myriad forms). Either they "assimilate" and Learn To Do The Bidding of neocolonial imperatives (i.e. Become a Capitalist), or they find themselves under the kind of attack that the Black Panthers found themselves under.

Smee wrote:
Many in the black communities still celebrate that group of mercenaries, one of their famous gospel groups took on the name "The Buffalo Soldiers" ... No thanks, I want no part of those of their members who advocate violence as they will just as quickly turn on you and I.

Again, this just points to how 'Black' fellow human beings have been systematically stupidized (in order to survive the stupidity-warfare directed at them). Now, many (in the middle/specialized classes?) are Just Like White Folks, and are thus spared The Worst.

So they're just like all the so-called "patriots" of Misery Loves Company.

But there's also something else going down that we're not to think about. That's in how the real propagandists (those with the resources and connections to get their ideas out to huge audiences) utilize these difficulties to serve "their" agenda (not really and truly theirs, but still "theirs", heh). Once again, to keep us all as divided and fighting amongst ourselves As Much As Possible.

Smee wrote:
Just MY OPINION, but I have read some Malcolm X's writings and came away with a different take on the man. He & Dr. King are no longer here, but folks sure love to put words in their mouths and claim things that have no root in fact.

Yes. And Malcolm was put on the defensive (as a militant human being) and look at which media take that kind of thing completely out of context and perpetuate our differences rather than our commonalities.

Anyway, thanks for the exercise!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:32 pm 
Chieftan

Nation: Houma
I think you may misunderstand me. When I bleed, it is red. So is everyone else's blood.

We all are made in the creator's image. The creator didn't make everything shades of grey, he gave us many colors. This is because he love variety. Look at the flowers, the oceans, the mountains ... all of them are different. BUT, the creator made them all. He must love color.

It isn't color that upsets me. It is attitude. Does one need to be happy about the injustices around them? Absolutely not.

When you realize we are all suffering the same injustices, why should one group try to raise themselves higher by putting more injustices on my shoulders? On your back? Never!!!

I will treat every man as at least my equal. If he shows more courage, does more good, shows more compassion then I will treat him with greater honor.

Should I harm you because I am hurt by another? Why should I destroy what you hold dear because I lost what I had at the hands of some other person? Not justified in my opinion.

╚═╗
██████

Board index » Village Forums » General Discussion